Simple Meal for Common Dummies =)

Here's a simple meal I cooked up today for dinner. It's simple yet alil chique (as if =)
Let me take you through it.

Bought important culinary weapons today at Home & Living at The Spring. It's this great shop selling stuff you need at home and cool water bottles too(I think I've found my new fetish). They actually have some rather interesting and quality goods. And,they treated me well,like a customer and not some random kid who comes in to take a look at stuff,sniffs and walks out =) good on you people!
I am VERY proud of the new frying pan. It's non-stick and non-scratch. I love it. Frying pan,you are so sexyyyyyyyyyy...Now,I'm preparing Grilled Beef Cutlets with Greens. (Apologies to my non-beef eating readers)
Get some cutlets of beef (or a steak,lamb shoulder or something without bones) from your local butcher,got mine from Ta Kiong,not pricey and FESH and rub it with salt,pepper and a marinate of your liking. I used the Lim Kum Hee bbq marinate. Bag it up and leave it be in the fridge for about an hour or so.While you let the marinate set in the meat,prepare the salad by grating some carrots,cleaning the lettuce(or any other greens you like. I recommend getting those more pricey ones cause they're packed in vitamins,are fresh and last longer) and opening a can of sweet corn kernel. Top it off with any salad dressing you like. Add a nice hard boiled egg if you want =)Take your meat out and pan fry it to give it that crusty caramelized texture people crave for. Be sure not to cook it,all you want is a nice brown coating over the meat so watch the heat and make sure both sides of the meat have equal time over direct heat.Next up,pop the meat into your oven or grill at a temperature of say 100degrees celsius,for smaller chunks of meat such as the one I used or if you're using steak sized portions, 120-130degrees. Make sure you've pre-heated the oven!!!After 25-35 minutes(depending on portion size), turn off the heat and let the meat rest for 5-10 minutes. After that, plate and serve =)

0 comments: