The Boxes on my Calendar

Here i am looking at the calendar...the empty boxes i have not crossed out yet... there's a week left to college...a week...college......sounds so casual no? But in truth,as hard as it is to describe it,the year has been a really memorable one...bringing me more lessons experiences.

If i cross the boxes out slowly,can it take away this aching feeling i have inside? one of quiet regret and sadness? Time...you pass by too fast. I have not had the chance to even get close to the people i have met here and now there are only a few days left. What can i do with the 5 college days left?
I thought college would fly by(it has...flown by bitterly),without much to remember or worth keeping to heart...but i was wrong. It is hard meeting new friends who can be considered dear and i have met some during my time here. Thinking about it brings memories flooding into my mind. The smiles,laughter,talks and walks...oh the nostalgia....
Should i feel pressured that finals are just around the corner? should i be sad that time has only left me with a few clicks before everything ends in a blink of an eye? i hope that the people i care about know that i do...and that the friendships or bonds that we have forged may stand the tests of time...something not easily done...as i have experienced...
But those that do are the ones worth holding on to...for the rest of time...those are the ones that bring that much more meaning to our lives...
Time...you may have left me with but a few clicks...but i will take it one step at a time...i won't let your winding hands push me...no...not this time.....
Don't fly time...i do not want to shed a tear yet...

0 comments: