A first for everything

There's always a first for something.

Last night was my first nightly outing with some friends. My friends (who aren't the naughty type) asked me to tag along and i was reluctant...all this while i've always declined. Then i thought to myself,have a look,observe and have a first. I wanted to see how it was like, this whole 'clubbing' scene that gets people so sinfully hooked.
We all went in a friends car and debated on the prices etc. and finally got in. We started having a few shots and the contents of the bottle was pitifully dwindling in no more than 30minutes there. What a waste. Friends got drunk...some may have not realised they were. So there i was,with em,sober as a pastor compared to the crowd, trying to have fun? whateverla...this was a night for me to be at the sidelines watching the scene,not being so much a part of it.
In the end,3 gt drunk,1 was pissed drunk and 1 more friend was still on his feet.
I had to carry pissed drunk friend fireman-style all the way down and out of the place all the way to his car. Me and 'still on his feet' friend watched over pissed drunk friend while he puked,stains on my shoes are still present. The other 3,were lost in that place. Ended up with me driving pissed drunk back home accompanied by on his feet friend. Had to go back to that place to pick 3drunk ones. The night ended on a rather surprised and awed note for me.
I admit i was a wee bit intoxicated,but self restraint in these kind of situations paid off. The baby ended up being the babysitter. Seriously,if things had gotten out of hand,we wouldn't have made it back without something happening.
I'm glad i've took a step beyond my comfort zone and learned something new,adding to my experience and some lessons which may prove important in this life.

So now,lets look at the important things we need to settle shall we? There is much to be done.
CheerS

0 comments: